How long have you played TCGs?

Jamie
Site Admin

Re: How long have you played TCGs?

Post by Jamie »

Jennifer wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 5:51 pm
Jamie wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 12:43 am I agree with the sentiment with how wild tcgs were back then with designs. But that was really the internet back then. The 2010s it feels like website designs on websites in general became more uniform and clean, and tcgs along with them. A little bit of a shame sometimes, but I understand the appeal of the striped deck templates most tcgs do, I was 100% guilty when I ran Overdrive also with adopting stripes.
Plus having everything automated has made things more streamlined. Like having different sized badges or cards can be annoying. Or have so many extra little "things" for currencies or bonus badges. I totally forgot about some of the things I would get as rewards until I looked at my profile on TCG Wiki
Oh my gosh yes! Looking back at my old tcgs, I had individual coupons made for each birthday month, inspired by Odulation! and now I'm like "Why did I do that?" I feel like special decks are less prevalent in tcgs now also, I don't like bothering with them so much because people rarely collected them, and I never liked having to count up the different card worths in trades.

When I ran Overdrive and a few other anime tcgs did this also they had little collectibles that you could decorate your trade post with and spend currency on it. It was honestly SO much effort to keep making new stuff, but it was a cute idea.
Pastelgoth.net
Ace's #1 waifu for laifu
Zerogami's cool mom
Certified old person
Fran

Re: How long have you played TCGs?

Post by Fran »

I have joined just for this thread! I have dipped in and out of the TCG community over many many years (possibly 15/16 years) and have owned a couple myself. There are far too many that I miss for me to name. I have just joined a Disney App based TCG and it got me wondering if there were any of the same people still out there trading! It was hard to find you guys, it looks like there are only two active TCGs left that I can see :(