Round 8 - 5 Food Trends that Lived & Died this Decade

Watch a video and discuss it to earn cards!
Jennifer

Re: Round 8 - 5 Food Trends that Lived & Died this Decade

Post by Jennifer »

Jamie wrote: Sat Sep 24, 2022 1:17 am b]Jennifer:[/b] Finally someone that agrees on cake pops!! Maybe I just had a bad experience but I don't know. The original recipe called for cake crumbs mashed into a ball and to mee it's like WHY. It was also released during the time that trendy bloggers started wrapping everything in fondant. Your daughter being pissed that it wasn't a lollipop is a whole MOOD, that's hilarious and adorable. As for four loko, lol that does sound very art school. Four lokos are just cheap liquor you pick up at 7/11 to get absolutely wasted and have a terrible hangover. :lol: There are no redeeming qualities about it. Though they had a swedish fish flavor for a while that was pretty tasty!
ImageImageImage
Food Network (Round 8): mango02, soju13, cornbread07
Two different occasions I remember watching trained chefs comment how a cake pop tasted under baked. I've made some once, because the carrot cake I made got stuck to the pan and broke. So I figured I would make some "cake truffles" and it was pretty good. I didn't put any white chocolate coating on it though.

I do remember my friend buying us Mad Dog because he was claimed that was what you got if wanted something cheap to get wasted haha I think also it helped I live in NJ and PA when I was younger, both don't let 7/11 or grocery stores sell beer or alcohol.
Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie »

Mysti: Charcoal drinks sounds awful, and cough syrup??
Image Image Image
Food Network (Round #): sugar03, skittles14, chocolateicecream20
Pastelgoth.net
Ace's #1 waifu for laifu
Zerogami's cool mom
Certified old person
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Post by Caitlin »

I definitely agree that cakepops are still "a thing" and are popular! I bet Starbucks alone makes tonnnns of money from them!

FourLokos were what the "cool kids" always drank at parties because they had friends who were over 21 and would buy them alcohol. I was friends with some of them but ended up being so glad I never partied with them (or with anyone, really) like that because it got around to our principal (because of social media... Myspace, etc...) that students were drinking it and this was when it was on the news for basically how bad it was. So a bunch of kids got in trouble for 1) underage drinking and 2) posting about it on social media for all to see :lol: We had an assembly about it and everything. :lol: And I believe in NYS they weren't allowed to sell it anymore for a period of time. Pretty sure that's over now because last year I saw some in a 7-11 and I was like "That's still around?!" :lol:

I don't know if they're still popular, but I still like rainbow foods. (OK yeah that grilled cheese was a bit much and not appetizing). :/
I especially like the rainbow cakes, when they have the layers all in a row.... It's so aesthetically pleasing to me! And I also love the rainbow bagels that come out every once in awhile... I think around March/St. Patrick's Day? They're so cool looking.

I tried charcoal toothpaste once and HATED it! When you brush your teeth, they're supposed to get and feel CLEANER, not dirtier and gritty!!! :?
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Caitlin:
Image Image
Food Network (Round #8): mashedpotato19, fruitjuice19