Round 15 - Holiday Season

Simple, answer some survey questions and receive cards as a thank you.
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Guidelines
  • Answer the question as best you can, have fun discussing!
  • If there is a poll, please vote in it!
  • Try to post more than one sentence.
  • Reward (per post): 2 random cards
Oh boy the year is almost over!? Two more months and you can kiss this 2022 year goodbye! Wether you had a bad year or a good year...what are you going to be looking forward to in terms of FOOD and Family?

--- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --
Honestly, I can not wait to sit down with my family in my home state. I grew up in Illinois but Virginia was a second home to me and I lived a good 10 or so years there after I turned 16. It was where my mother and grandmother grew up. It has been nearly 6 or 7 years since I spent Christmas Holiday with them so I definitely looking forward to my grandmothers Macaroni salad and Chocolate Pie. This year is more special to me since my family had missed a huge part of my last pregnancy and this time I get to share my second with them till I give birth in February I still can't fathom that I'm due one my birthday, wut.
Elijah

Re: Round 15 - Holiday Season

Post by Elijah »

SMASHES THAT TAMALE BUTTON
yes i know you can have them any time but they are extra special on christmas. also in general i love christmas flavors! i never buy hot drinks no matter the temperature, but i get One during december because it just feels right, my one hot drink for the year! i do drink hot tea and hot cocoa at home though so i'm glad the weather is finally cool enough for that. also if i'm not feeling lazy, i'll probably make some ponche navideño. it makes the house smell so good and it tastes really good too, but it's a solid 2 hours of prep/cook time so i have to really be FEELIN it
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Every year I love making a big batch of gingerbread cookies and decorate them with family. I think I am going to buy a bunch of piping tips/bags and just use those for all the bright icing colors because it makes the cookies look so much nicer than spreading it on with a butter knife.
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Post by Caitlin »

Not really sure for me..... This will be the first Christas without my/our grandfather - my mother's father and grandma's husband. It's going to be a difficult holiday season, that I know for sure. As for food... I always look forward to my family's cooking during the holidays.
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Elijah:
Image Image
Survey (Round #): flan07, croquemonsieur06

Jennifer:
Image Image
Food Network (Round #): soju12, hairycrab12

Caitlin:
Image Image
Survey (Round #): pretzeldog02, mussel18
Ouji
Honey Mod

Post by Ouji »

In terms of food I'm definitely gonna be looking forward to all the Thanksgiving food. My work will usually put out a themed meal I can eat for free, which is good because none of my aunties know how to cook American food (I think one year they were gonna boil the turkey?? In like a big pot or something and they were just so confused lmao). But Thanksgiving at my aunties' houses usually have food like fried rice, sometimes hot pot, egg rolls... and I REALLY like Asian food, so it all works out. My dad's side of the family always has panettone and hot cocoa, too, and I'm actually looking forward to finding one of those since it's been literal years since I've last had them. :D
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Ouiji:
Image Image
Survey (Round #): devilsfoodcake07, champagne09