Round 12: Can YOU Guess That Deep Fried Food?

Watch a video and discuss it to earn cards!
Ouji
Honey Mod

Round 12: Can YOU Guess That Deep Fried Food?

Post by Ouji »

Guidelines
  • Watch the youtube video linked.
  • You are not required to watch the entire video if you're not enjoying it, but at least a few minutes so you can get an idea.
  • Share whatever opinions you have about the video!
  • Try to post at least a few sentences.
Reward: 2 random cards

This Round
https://youtu.be/wlMzER5IY2g
Video Length: 12:52

My thoughts:
We have a state fair here and I've always heard wild things about how you could deep-fry literally anything. Some of these I've never even considered, and it was fun going through and trying to guess what it was because it definitely isn't something I've ever put near my mouth. When you hear the word 'deep fried' you kind of tend to think it's dripping with batter and fat but these actually don't look all too bad! I still might not try some of them, though. :lol:
Jennifer

Re: Round 12: Can YOU Guess That Deep Fried Food?

Post by Jennifer »

I feel like the number one complaint was that everything was greasy, but isnt that the case for any fried food that sits around for awhile? I am sure all the food sat around for awhile because of filming everyone takes awhile.

I do want to try a deep fried oreo. And I love how polarizing the grasshoppers were. Like either the people were too hung up on it, or they loved it.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

FUNNEL CAKE'S COUSIN... i loved everyone's reactions to the fried coke. it's one fair food that always makes me go ???? whenever i see it. like i think they just put coke in the batter instead of water or whatever, but it's a mysterious food. i think they sell deep-fried kool-aid at my local fair too. i haven't tried either, but i tried deep-fried oreos once as a kid. it is hard to eat a lot of fried food all in one sitting, so a serving of oreos was enough to feed my whole family 😂 my local fair always has a chicken charlie's booth, who i think originated (if not popularized) the deep-fried twinkie and oreo. they always have some sort of wild new deep-fried dish every year, so it's always fun to see what they have. i rarely GET anything, but it's interesting to see what they come up with.
i respect the people who gave the grasshoppers an enthusiastic try, and especially the guy who would recommend them! i wish my local fair sold them battered and deep-fried, since i want to try them that way. most of the other folks' reactions to them were a bit disappointing, but not surprising. it's fine to not like them, but overreacting from the start... like they're grown adults, they don't need to squeal and freak out over a staple ingredient in many cultures!
Ouji
Honey Mod

Post by Ouji »

Jennifer: I didn't even think about that, but definitely agree! Both with the complaints and the deep fried oreos, they sound like something I'd very much enjoy.
Image Image
Food Network (Round 12): soysauce16, rockcandy15

Elijah: Oooh I wonder if that's what started it all, because I don't think I remember our local state fair having a deep frying station at all growing up, at least not until recently. I'd actually try the grasshoppers!! I might need to get over the whole mental thing because I don't like bugs in general, but it's not all that different from what I normally eat lol
Image Image
Food Network (Round 12): samgyeopsal16, bibimbap11