Round 13: The Rise and Fall of Fast Food Architecture

Watch a video and discuss it to earn cards!
Ouji
Honey Mod

Round 13: The Rise and Fall of Fast Food Architecture

Post by Ouji »

Guidelines
  • Watch the youtube video linked.
  • You are not required to watch the entire video if you're not enjoying it, but at least a few minutes so you can get an idea.
  • Share whatever opinions you have about the video!
  • Try to post at least a few sentences.
Reward: 2 random cards

This Round
https://youtu.be/2p43Bslh9v0
Video Length: 13:33

My thoughts: Yooo that rainforest cafe next to the supersized one omg, I miss those so much. I was wondering why the architecture was changing, I thought I was crazy, but I'm happy to see I'm not. I don't remember seeing any of the playgrounds or playplaces recently, which is kind of sad since I thought there was some charm to the hard plastic seats and all the bright colors.
Elijah

Re: Round 13: The Rise and Fall of Fast Food Architecture

Post by Elijah »

i miss the older architecture and design styles! the 90s taco bell lives rent-free in my head
the modern trend of minimalism and neutrals is not great in my opinion, and the history and origins of it are not great either, so it's a bummer to see the bright and fun colors and interesting architecture go. like it's always been designed to get you to spend money, but at least the other stuff was interesting and fun to look at! like where was that giant fish building? what is it? i want to go there. let me go inside the fish building.
it's also a bummer that the play places are going away too... tbh kids need kid-centric spaces, and i think there are lots of cool and updated playground styles that are safe and accessible that they could use! but i guess it doesn't make the company money as efficiently, so it has to go 🙃 which sucks!

THO IT WAS WILD SEEING THAT OLD PICTURE OF THE LAS VEGAS STRIP, it was so different back then wow
Ouji
Honey Mod

Re: Round 13: The Rise and Fall of Fast Food Architecture

Post by Ouji »

Elijah: Omg I miss 90s taco bell, the designs back then were so FUN. Also the little rotating seats at Mcdonalds that were like, stuck in the floor so it was always so awkward squeezing into the booth with friends because you couldn't move anything.
Image Image
Food Network (Round 13): brioche01, croissant19