Round 14: How the World Eats Jackfruit

Watch a video and discuss it to earn cards!
Ouji
Honey Mod

Round 14: How the World Eats Jackfruit

Post by Ouji »

Guidelines
  • Watch the YouTube video linked.
  • You are not required to watch the entire video if you're not enjoying it, but at least a few minutes so you can get an idea.
  • Share whatever opinions you have about the video!
  • Try to post at least a few sentences.
Reward: 2 random cards

This Round
https://youtu.be/4YxAhOFHLxs
Video Length: 24:43

My thoughts: I've seen this girl's videos a while ago, but I think it was about rice?? Maybe? I knew that people could sometimes substitute jackfruit for meat for vegan options but I've never actually done it myself, so seeing how it looks in these dishes really kind of hammers it home how easy it is! I used to have a coworker who was vegan who made really amazing stuff like pulled pork sandwiches with jack fruit, so I wonder if this is the sort of video I should send to him haha. It's really interesting seeing all the different dishes coming out of different countries!
Elijah

Re: Round 14: How the World Eats Jackfruit

Post by Elijah »

i've never had jackfruit, but i want to try it! i think it's so cool that you can even eat the seeds and skin? i can see why it's such a popular fruit, because you can get so much out of it and use it in so many different ways. and once again, Filipino turon is back to torment me--torment me because i want to try it so bad and i haven't been able to yet, but i saw a Filipino food place this weekend when i was grocery shopping so hopefully i will get some SOON
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

This was awesome to watch. When googling jackfruit recipes I usually just get vegan sub recipes. Because I am vegan and live in the US. Naturally I am going to get those type of recipes.

I wonder if that stir fry recipes got messed up because maybe it was supposed to be ripe jackfruit?

Anyways, props to her for cutting up a fresh jackfruit. I don't think I am willing to do all that hard work lol
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Elijah:
Image Image
Food Network (Round 14): burrito05, bluecheese17

Jennifer:
Image Image
Food Network (Round 14): popeyes10, cannoli09