Round 17 - Should Chili have beans??

Simple, answer some survey questions and receive cards as a thank you.
raie
Honey Mod

Round 17 - Should Chili have beans??

Post by raie »

Guidelines
  • Answer the question as best you can, have fun discussing!
  • If there is a poll, please vote in it!
  • Try to post more than one sentence.
  • Reward (per post): 2 random cards
Round 17
Should chili have beans?

--- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- -- --- --
Considering I never thought Chili could be chili without beans, I mean isn't that is why there are beans called Chili Beans? I have friends that live in Texas, and its apparently a thing they don't like beans in their chili. I'm currently looking at Texan recipes for Texan now.
Jennifer

Re: Round 17 - Should Chili have beans??

Post by Jennifer »

I don't think I've ever had chili without beans.... but I live in Jersey... and vegan so what do I know? XD
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

fuck yeah i love beans in chili. with beans you can make so much of it for so cheap, like cans of beans and tomatoes are less than a dollar each (especially if you buy generic), then you just get some frozen chopped peppers for like $2 and the cheapest stew meat you can find?? then bam, you're feeding the homies for super cheap babey
if people don't like them that's fine too! but beans are so cheap and filling, you can really stretch a meal with them
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Jennifer:
Image Image
Survey (Round 17): tofu20, chocolatetruffle20

Elijah:
Image Image
Survey (Round 17): chocolateicecream11, chiaseed01
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Post by Caitlin »

Jennifer wrote: Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:57 am I don't think I've ever had chili without beans.... but I live in Jersey... and vegan so what do I know? XD
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BUT yes, same here.. I've never had chili without beans, but with that said, I don't really like the beans my family puts in chili.. Kidney beans, I'm pretty sure they're called. I'd much rather have black beans in chili but.. I think I'm the only person besides my sister who even likes black beans to begin with. So I just don't eat it much at all.
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

NAME: Caitlin
Image Image
Survey (Round 17): hawaiianpizza07, vanilla16
auriianna

Post by auriianna »

It depends on what you going to do with the chili. However, yes chili should have beans. Unless you used chili for hotdogs and thought who doesn't like the beans? I don't care either way both are good, though the chili without beans is good to make chili rotel yum. But I would say it depends on the person and their taste.