Round 7 - Markiplier American Mcdonalds vs Korean Mcdonalds

Watch a video and discuss it to earn cards!
raie
Honey Mod

Round 7 - Markiplier American Mcdonalds vs Korean Mcdonalds

Post by raie »

Guidelines
  • Watch the youtube video linked.
  • You are not required to watch the entire video if you're not enjoying it, but at least a few minutes so you can get an idea.
  • Share whatever opinions you have about the video!
  • Try to post at least a few sentences.
Reward: 2 random cards

This Round
https://youtu.be/CHxkavYwpuc
Video Length: 26:12

My thoughts:
Markiplier does a lot of filler talk, prattling but honestly that's probably why I watch a lot of his videos.. however, it does show an inside look at how in other countries, some restaurants are different when it comes to something we are so familiar with. It was funny to watch him go into a flashback/lost in thought after eating a quarter pounder, lol. I really enjoyed seeing the types of sandwiches they have available in Korea that are specific to that region, like the Korean BBQ meat sandwich with the egg. I like eggs, but not sure if I want it on a sandwich..

https://youtu.be/CHxkavYwpuc
Jennifer

Re: Round 7 - Markiplier American Mcdonalds vs Korean Mcdonalds

Post by Jennifer »

I remember Simon and Martina did a few videos on McDonald's and other American chains in Korea or Japan. I love it because they do recommend making one trip to check it out because the menu is different. I remember them going to Baskin Robins to try their special Avengers releases, and I think McDonald's in Japan for their special Cherry Blossom releases.
Lex

Post by Lex »

Definitely not watching a full Markiplier video lol so I skipped around a bit to see the different kinds of foods and omg I want to try that bulgogi burger with the egg?? I think, with it being a McDonalds quality product, it would not be very good, but that's beside the point. I wish there had been more distinctly non-American kinds of things in the vid, but I suppose a McDonalds is still a McDonalds wherever you go.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

i want to try the bulgogi burger! non-american mcdonald's always have such good-sounding menu items... the menu in the states is so boring in comparison. when i was in germany, i survived on caprese salad sandwiches from mcd's because it was cheap and i was vegetarian at the time, and i was actually really bummed to find out that we didn't have them back home when i came back to the usa.
Jun

Post by Jun »

haha for me, its a bit too much talking. Then again im not really a markplier fan haha. Mcdonalds in general differs very much world wide, For a while, I remember in NY one of their mcdonalds would have some specialties from the other side of the earth, like this international menu. hahaha I doubt its around anymore (pre-vid) but still. From my experience, yeah different cooking oil and menus, but still always delicious hehe
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Jun wrote: Sun Sep 11, 2022 11:48 pm haha for me, its a bit too much talking. Then again im not really a markplier fan haha. Mcdonalds in general differs very much world wide, For a while, I remember in NY one of their mcdonalds would have some specialties from the other side of the earth, like this international menu. hahaha I doubt its around anymore (pre-vid) but still. From my experience, yeah different cooking oil and menus, but still always delicious hehe
I remember when they had an international promotion! I was hoping it would make the menu more exciting afterwards. I wonder if people worldwide would think our mcd is more interesting?
rain

Post by rain »

I remember going to Hong Kong as a kid and being fascinated with their breakfast menu, because it included a couple of macaroni options that I hadn't expected. That was probably when I first realised that McDs offered local variants. I also find it interesting that different countries seem to have different standards for the same menu item despite the fact that they are probably sharing a single recipe? e.g. McSpicy in Asia is of a much higher quality than in the UK.

trading post: http://tcg.rain.computer/

avatar by miranda & siggie by rowie
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Post by Caitlin »

LOL you guys were right it was a loott of commentary, but it was definitely interesting to see the difference between US and Korean McDonalds!, which I've never done before!

Lex, I kind of agree with you - I was expecting a lot more differences, but like you said, I guess a McDonald's is a McDonald's wherever you go...You'd think there would be more menu items that we don't have in the US, say for people who are travelling and want something different (and cheap? I guess?) but then again maybe people who live in Korea want a taste of US-originated McDonald's food once in awhile. :?:

Elijah, for a McDonald's item, that sounds really good! We always make Caprese Salad for the holidays in my house, so to have a sandwich of it sounds delicious!
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Jennifer:
I would loved to try their Cherry Blossom Releases...
ImageImage
Food Network: pretzeldog15, tatertots12

Lex:
I thought that burger looked really good! You are also right, Mcdonalds is still Mcdonalds, doesn't matter what country you are in.
ImageImage
Food Network: pretzeldog15, lavender06

Elijah:
I remember eating at a Mcdonalds in Australia but I don't remember the menu at all, since the group I was with was only allowed to eat certain foods from menus..which was a cheeseburger or Chicken varient with fries and a drink.
ImageImage
Food Network: tatertots10, palakpaneer08

Jun:
Yeah it is. In the south (Alabama at least) they have more "spicy" items on the menu then when I would find in Virginia.
ImageImage
Food Network: meringue09, sunflowerseed02

Rain:
It is, I'm so curious now to see what other menu items other international food chains offer in different places.
ImageImage
Food Network: crackerbarrel14, allspice20

Caitlin:
Markiplier talks a lot I find skipping a lot in his videos helps.. heh, I don't watch him often, he's mainly one of my husbands favorite to watch... The video is a little nice to teaser to see the differnces in the countries.
ImageImage
Food Network: takoyaki17, mango02
Kayori

Post by Kayori »

That was kind of painful to watch. I've never watched a Markiplier video, but now I know why I've avoided watching "trending" Youtubers. I'm surprised that he's as popular a Youtuber as he is, he's boring and bland. It took over 4 minutes of commentary and nonsense just for him to take out the fries. The bulgogi burger looks ok, and the McFlurry cup was interesting, but literally everything else just looked the exact same as in the US.