Round 8: Comfort Foods

Simple, answer some survey questions and receive cards as a thank you.
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Re: Round 8: Comfort Foods

Post by Caitlin »

I definitely agree with pizza and with ice cream. <3 I feel like there's no gross flavor ice cream, and I pretty much like any flavor. I feel that way with pizza, too, although there are some pizza toppings I don't like. But pizza, especially if garlic knots are involved. <3
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Caitlin wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:46 pm I definitely agree with pizza and with ice cream. <3 I feel like there's no gross flavor ice cream, and I pretty much like any flavor. I feel that way with pizza, too, although there are some pizza toppings I don't like. But pizza, especially if garlic knots are involved. <3
I think it is funny that you say there is no gross ice cream flavor, because there is a pizza shop and ice cream shop in philly that are next to each other and owned by the same people. They have a pizza flavor ice cream, I personally never tried it, but their other "normal" flavors were amazing!
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Post by Caitlin »

Jennifer wrote: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:26 pm
Caitlin wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 1:46 pm I definitely agree with pizza and with ice cream. <3 I feel like there's no gross flavor ice cream, and I pretty much like any flavor. I feel that way with pizza, too, although there are some pizza toppings I don't like. But pizza, especially if garlic knots are involved. <3
I think it is funny that you say there is no gross ice cream flavor, because there is a pizza shop and ice cream shop in philly that are next to each other and owned by the same people. They have a pizza flavor ice cream, I personally never tried it, but their other "normal" flavors were amazing!
Interesting. :? OK so that I would question the taste of...Not sure about a cheesy, tomato sauce-y ice cream......But I'd definitely try it!
Ouji
Honey Mod

Post by Ouji »

My go-to comfort food would definitely have to be pho! Or something hot and brothy, egg drop soup or else hot and sour soup. Pho has a little bit of everything and isn't too heavy for me, and there's something comforting in just sitting and working on a bowl of it for like fifteen minutes. Especially if it's good. Froyo is a very close second because it's always fun to customize it, but I have to be in the right mindset to want to eat a massive bowl of it (because if I'm getting froyo, I'm getting a big one).
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Mysti
ImageImage
Survey: butterchicken15, cornbread19

Scott
ImageImage
Survey: empanada17, lavender15

auriianna
ImageImage
Survey: eggsalad12, whitechocomacadamiacookie05

Elijah
ImageImage
Survey: chocolatetruffle19, stickytoffeepudding16

Jun
ImageImage
Survey: greeksalad02, milkshake14

Jennifer
ImageImage
Survey: friedchicke02, swedishmeatball03

Rain
ImageImage
Survey: banhmi14, greeksalad05

Loki
ImageImage
Survey: sweetpotatofries16, blt07

Kayori
ImageImage
Survey: bloomingtea19, soufflepancake02

Caitlin
ImageImage
Survey: japanesecurry05, chocolatepie09

Ouji
ImageImage
Survey: weddingcake04, popeyes08
Lex

Post by Lex »

Soup in general is a great comfort food, I love a nice simple chicken noodle soup any time, like even just from a can that you dump into a bowl and microwave. But specifically there's an old, like, bone broth recipe from my great grandmother that we still make sometimes that's so good, it's cooked with the meat and veggies and stuff and you can eat it with the stuff in it or you can strain out the solids and add the broth to kluski noodles, and it's just sooo good, every time I eat it I'm like Soup Is The Greatest Food In The World.
Mysti

Post by Mysti »

I see your post and raise you wasabi ice-cream.

Garlic knots are *fantastic* though!
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Mysti wrote: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:34 am
I see your post and raise you wasabi ice-cream.

Garlic knots are *fantastic* though!
Oh man. I would not like that. Horseradish and wasabi have a spice level that I do not like. I did try a hot chili pepper gelato. It was so nice, because the milk help cool the heat right away.
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Lex
ImageImage
Survery: hersheykisses09, tatertots18