Round 11: Seafood/fish or no?

Simple, answer some survey questions and receive cards as a thank you.

Do you like to eat seafood or fish dishes?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 16, 2022 6:29 pm

Yes
70%
No
10%
Gross
20%

Total votes: 10

raie
Honey Mod

Round 11: Seafood/fish or no?

Post by raie »

Guidelines
  • Answer the question as best you can, have fun discussing!
  • If there is a poll, please vote in it!
  • Try to post more than one sentence.
Reward (per post): 2 random cards

Round 11
Do you like to eat seafood or fish dishes?

For me, I like to eat seafood for the most part but I'm afraid to eat anything I've never tried before. My favorites are Catfish, shrimp and crablegs. I've had King Crab legs, Snow Crab and Dungeness Crab Legs before, but my go to is snow crab for sure. I also love to eat catfish and prefer bone in filets then deboned filets. I rarely eat shrimp or crab legs now as my husband is allergic to shellfish, but he does spoil me at least twice a year and takes me out in Pensacola to some of my favorites places to eat.
Ouji
Honey Mod

Re: Round 11: Seafood/fish or no?

Post by Ouji »

Yes yes yes, the fishier the better honestly. I've grown up on the coast all my life (PNW hereeeee) so fish and seafood is something of a guilty pleasure for me. Crab, shrimp, lobster, fish, sushi, clams, you name it - if I haven't tried it it's definitely on the list! I think it runs in the family since my mom also loves seafood, and funny story she was actually allergic for a little bit because hormones or pregnancy or whatever but that didn't stop her. She just popped a Benadryl and kept going lol.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

Do I LIKE seafood? Yes. But the whole vegan thing haha. Though I probably would make an exception for things like mussels, oysters, and other weird things like sea pineapples if I was traveling overseas. I do LOVE seaweed. I never get enough of a chance to eat things nori and the like.
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

I LOVE SEAFOOD... one of my favorite meals is a seafood boil! it's so much good food and i love the experience of cracking open a bunch of shellfish with my hands. you get rewarded for your hard work with delicious crab meat. there's lots of other seafood dishes i like; i love tuna sashimi, unagi-don, and anything with mentaiko, and paella is also one of my favorite dishes, complete with prawns, calamari, and mussels. i also used to go fishing with my grandpa as a kid. we'd always have the trout we caught for dinner afterwards, and he'd smoke whatever was leftover so it'd last longer. i didn't really have the patience for fishing, so i'd spend my time wandering around the lake and cleaning fish, but the trout dinner after always made the trips worth it.

the only seafood i'm not really fond of is salmon... i do want to try it glazed or something because i think i might like it, but i'm not too fond of the flavor as-is.
Mysti

Post by Mysti »

I like, but the thing is that anything that's *too* strong a flavour doesn't sit well with me.

Salmon is fantastic. Mackerel tends to disagree. I can't take tuna sashimi unless it's ootoro, which is ridiculously good as it melts in your mouth, but I don't take too much of that because of overfishing. I like black pepper crab (but not a lot of crab otherwise), but it's sooooo much trouble to deal with. I like grilled fish and fish and chips as well, and I had some really good toothfish lately. Also unagi, anago, mentaiko, an unhealthy amount of calamari. I don't like octopus though, I tried it once and the texture didn't sit well with me. No prawns or mussels for me either, but aburi scallop sushi? Hand that over. PLEASE.
Jun

Post by Jun »

Absolutly, Seafood really big in my house, you'll liely have fish maybe 4 times a week haha. Cooked or raw grade, Im down for anything. Though shellfish im not too wild on; not an allergy thing, I just really don't care for the taste. Too sweet for me, which is a weird way to describe shelled fish. Though, I do like some misc seafood like urchin, roe, and pressed fish ball haha. But yeah, fish yum.
Ouji
Honey Mod

Post by Ouji »

Ouji:
Image Image
Survey (Round 11): pulledporksandwich05, macaroniandcheese03

Jennifer:
Image Image
Survey (Round 11): glazeddonut02, rockcandy12

Elijah:
Image Image
Survey (Round 11): hotfudgesundae04, donut03

Mysti:
Image Image
Survey (Round 11): buttertart01, durian14

Jun:
Image Image
Survey (Round 11): jerkchicken20, chapulines16
portia
Honey Mod

Post by portia »

I'll only eat some fish. I'm allergic to shellfish, though I loved clams when I could eat them. I just never knew that food wasn't supposed to make you feel so icky after eating it 💩 or make breathing difficult 👁️👄👁️

I do like catfish and enjoy Long John Silver's on occasion, if only for their battered fish 🤤 it's just crispy?? SO crispy. And there is a brand of fish sticks I like that comes in a blue box (expensive AF). Tilapia is okay sometimes, but only sometimes.

I have a love/hate relationship with all kinds of meat 🤷‍♀️
auriianna

Post by auriianna »

I like shrimp never had lobster, had scallops not bad. I have eaten fish, salmon patties, and some tuna but all must be cooked... I had bad bream one night and rarely eat fish. I can't eat salmon patties now... bones.... T^T and I love catfish I will eat a cold catfish sandwich... But that is my limit on fish and seafood items.
Ouji
Honey Mod

Post by Ouji »

Portia:
Image Image
Survey (Round 11): pinklemonade07, veggieburger08

Auriianna:
Image Image
Survey (Round 11): banana01, hairycrab20