Round 6 - Pizza

Simple, answer some survey questions and receive cards as a thank you.
portia
Honey Mod

Re: Round 6 - Pizza

Post by portia »

My go-to comfort pizza is Alfredo sauce + grilled chicken. 🤤 Sometimes I'll do barbecue sauce instead. Pizza Hut does it the best, and Domino's is okay. I prefer Pizza Hut because of their rewards and the fact that their app doesn't look like a 1999 Geocities website. Sometimes, I will do stuffed crust, but I don't do it that much anymore because it's really bad for my lactose intolerance.

I also occasionally do pineapple and ham, or sausage and ham, but they tend to go wild with the pineapple and include way too much? So I don't do it often. I really prefer pineapple on my pizza when I want something sweet and savory. Since I don't like or care for sweets that much, I enjoy when my savory dishes can have a little bit of sweet too them.

Papa Murphy's Hawaiian pizza is the best, but we don't have anything nearby 😭 I do consider making the 30min drive sometimes, but gas prices, etc.

Every now and then, I crave a basic pizza, but I will typically go with a frozen pizza of that variety instead. I feel like if I'm going to be buying a pizza from a pizza place, I should go ahead and make it fancy instead of just a basic pizza 😂

I love Little Caesars sometimes, but I've been screwed over pretty much every single time I've gone with them in the past 2 years that it's kind of just ruined for me.

If I go to Cici's, I love their barbecue chicken pizza and their chicken alfredo pizza, but they're not my favorites

I am a creature of habit and tend to get pretty much the same thing every single time I go to a certain place. 🥲

Me: *wants to try something new*
Me: Oh, an opportunity to try something new!
Me: Maybe next time.

The sensory input of certain foods and flavors becomes comforting and I can't just give it up 😭 too much commitment for that 😭
Loki

Post by Loki »

Growing up in Florida, our local Pizza Hut had Barbeque Beef Pizza which has the shredded beef and bbq sauce instead of pizza sauce on it. It was super delicious. I was sad to find out when I have moved away that that flavor is only available in Florida and Georgia. Hoping I can find a way of making it at home.
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Post by Caitlin »

Portia - I WISH we had a CIci's around here! We get the commercials for it, but there are no Cici's restaurants remotely in my area. Such a tease, right?! :( I feel like a pizza buffet is just the right restaurant for me! :lol:

Obviously I love cheese pizza.....My Dad got me into eating meatball pizza! Slices of meatball on it, and I'm not even much of a meat eater (I very much prefer chicken over meat), but it is delicious! I love black olives on my pizza, too... And I also love "white" pizza... No tomato sauce, just ricotta and mozzarella, sometimes with spinach! Delicious. I've even had buffalo chicken pizza... Spicy hot chicken in buffalo sauce on the pizza.. Yum!!
Lex

Post by Lex »

I'm very boring when it comes to pizza I just like a nice regular plain cheese pizza lol. If like there's pepperoni on it or something I'll eat it but if it's up to me I'll just order a plain. My favorite chain is definitely Little Caesar's which apparently is controversial but there's just something about it...both the regular pizza and the deep dish one are sooo good, plus they're cheap! Unfortunately because the universe hates me all the Little Caesar's in my area have closed down so I'm unhappy about that!!
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

My son asked what I was doing and told him about the question and he says ALL of stuffed animals like lemon on their pizza. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I love pepperoni but I have yet to find a vegan/vegetarian option that is acceptable. No one adds enough red oil, that is the best part lol Otherwise I almost always add bell peppers and onions when we make it. Though I do like a fancy pants one when eating out. And I always need to make a thanksgiving pizza every year the day after.

Also that pineapple jalapeno pizza sound yummy.
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Portia
I manage a pizza concept (Godfathers) where I work and honestly have not and never eaten any pinnapple before. Not sure I will ever want to. My favorite Pizza is Grilled Chicken with Ranch Sauce and Bacon bits though. I would love to try the Alfredo Sauce Pizza though, sounds delicious!
ImageImage
Survey (Round 6): hotteok13, cinnamon07

Loki
I honestly don't see how hard to be able to make that flavor and type of sauce at home would be. I'd get my favorite BBQ sauce, used shredded chicken cuase I prefer chicken bbq over beef honestly, and make a pizza that way. Now, this just makes me hungry.
ImageImage
Survey (Round 6):macaroniandcheese05, water16

Caitlin
I'm not a fan of meatball pizzas, we had a pizza that was only around for limited time and it was just horrible smelling before it was cooked...
ImageImage
Survey (Round 6): bananapudding05, pho20

Lex
Absolutly nothing wrong with the staple cheese or Pepperoni pizza! Thats everyones favorites honestly. :)
ImageImage
Survey (Round 6): rosewine02, skittles20

Jennifer
Who... who puts lemon on pizza?
I love vegetarian pizza, I honeslty wish I could add cooked broccoli to mine at work!
ImageImage
Survey (Round 6): granola06, meringue05
Jun

Post by Jun »

I do not like pizza lol
portia
Honey Mod

Post by portia »

Jun
ImageImage
Survey Round 6: pho05, currybread03
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

raie wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:50 am Who... who puts lemon on pizza?
He clarified and said they like their pizza a little bit wet so they use just a few drops... which a wet pizza seems worse?

They also don't have mouths sooo...
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

Jennifer wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 5:00 pm
raie wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 1:50 am Who... who puts lemon on pizza?
He clarified and said they like their pizza a little bit wet so they use just a few drops... which a wet pizza seems worse?

They also don't have mouths sooo...
I also thought too, my 2 year would do this. She eats lemons and limes like they aren't sour or nothing. Like candy, so maybe she might like it? lol