Round 8: Comfort Foods

Simple, answer some survey questions and receive cards as a thank you.
raie
Honey Mod

Round 8: Comfort Foods

Post by raie »

Guidelines
  • Answer the question as best you can, have fun discussing!
  • If there is a poll, please vote in it!
  • Try to post more than one sentence
Reward (per post): 2 random cards

Round 8
What's your go to comfort food?

My answer
My go to comfort food would be macaroni salad. The recipe my grandmother makes. Macaroni (They have to be the large round noodles), chopped onions, chopped cucumber, celery seed (like a table spoon, I think? we don't measure), a little sugar, and a bunch of mayo. Since I'm grown now, I've added a little more veggies to it, but it always been a comfort to me when I eat it.
Mysti

Re: Round 8: Comfort Foods

Post by Mysti »

It's always been the same for me - just butter on toasted bread! Warm, simple and comforting.
scott

Post by scott »

My comfort food is pizza. There's no such thing as a bad pizza in my opinion, so it's always a good time.
auriianna

Post by auriianna »

That is a toughie -
Fried balonie - put a piece in a non-stick pan and put three slits on the outside and x in the middle fry it up till hot and crispy not burnt... add cheese and mustard.
Pizza - can eat cold if ordered from papa john's, domino's, and pizza hut.
Chicken wings- give me honey mustard and some toast I am good.
Salads are quick and easy and satisfy the crunch factor.
Scrambled or fried eggs sandwiches.
Potatoes and parsley are one of my faves
homemade chicken and dumplings I watched my grandmother make it by hand some times helped.
homemade sausage balls
homemade cheese biscuits.... yum.....
Elijah

Post by Elijah »

caldo de albondigas lives rent-free in my head... it's so comforting for cold nights, or when you're sick. i associate it with christmas eve too, because it's one of those things my mom would make for christmas eve dinners! i love soup, i'm a soup boy
also, one i make is leek soup. i make it really rich, with buttermilk and heavy cream and butter... i always make it for my friends when we go camping because it travels well in a cooler, and heats up pretty easily (and bonus--it always tastes better the day after i make it). i keep offering to make other foods for my friends, but they always want leek soup! it's one of those things that reminds me of them, so i guess it's a bit of a comfort food for me too?
Jun

Post by Jun »

Breakfast Rice (Just rice and a Raw egg) is always my go to comfort food. Easy to eat, feels warm, ect. Its easy to make, we always have white rice in the house and honestly its just slap an egg and your good. White rice in general is my go to comfort. Its basic and simple, but you can add seasoning or add it with nay mean, and its just yes good good.
Jennifer

Post by Jennifer »

If I am having a bad day I definitely try to eat some ice cream. haha. Preferably a whole pint, straight from the carton haha
rain

Post by rain »

Mushroom soup! It's easy to make and warms me. I also have good memories of it. When I was younger, that'd be my go-to order at restaurants when the serving size of mains were still too large for me so it reminds me of family time. Plus I love bread too, which is the perfect match for soup.

trading post: http://tcg.rain.computer/

avatar by miranda & siggie by rowie
Loki

Post by Loki »

My go to comfort food has always been grilled cheese sandwiches along side tomato soup. It's one thing my grandma always had made whenever we went over to her place and it has become one of the best meals that I can just go to when I'm feeling sad or just wanting to feel warmth.
Kayori

Post by Kayori »

Sometimes I have cravings for pizza. lol I like having various food choices, whatever I'm in the mood for. But overall, a nice grilled cheese makes me happy. I love trying different cheese too, like Muenster. Sometimes I'll add a bit of salsa for a change too. I like using panini makers to make grilled cheese and quesadillas.