Round 1 - BDylanHollis

Watch a video and discuss it to earn cards!
Jamie
Site Admin

Round 1 - BDylanHollis

Post by Jamie »

Guidelines
  • Watch the youtube video linked.
  • You are not required to watch the entire video if you're not enjoying it, but at least a few minutes so you can get an idea.
  • Share whatever opinions you have about the video!
  • Try to post at least a few sentences.
Reward: 2 random cards

This Round
https://youtu.be/NBwRZiI9wn0
Video Length: 9:10

My thoughts:
A friend of mine sent me one of these compilation videos of BDylanHollis' cooking tiktoks and I couldn't get enough of them! He cooks old recipes and tries them, and I just found his commentary as he cooks and tries dishes to be so funny, I couldn't help but share. I was already aware of some of the foods he cooks, but others were new to me and inspired a few decks.
Pastelgoth.net
Ace's #1 waifu for laifu
Zerogami's cool mom
Certified old person
Ace

Re: Round 1 - BDylanHollis

Post by Ace »

Top notch innuendos, interesting (yet terrifying) recipes that make you want to jump up and try to make them yourself, if only to see WHY he makes the face he makes when he tries the food he makes. Did I mention the top notch innuendos?
Jamie's Husbando
TCG noob
if you see me collecting pikachu sweets, mind ya business
raie
Honey Mod

Post by raie »

I follow this guy already so my opinions of him are pretty good. He's really hilarious and brings a really good and refreshing side to older recipes that you don't see around much anymore.
Love him.
"Beat the Fruit"
"Done Dump"
"You know, I used to have a sock like this..."
He's seen his fair share, of nuts.
Kayori

Post by Kayori »

That was indeed very amusing, and some of the recipes made you go, huh it actually tastes good. And then there's the ones that he's like "that tastes like cat food", and his face for the liver. Priceless.
Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie »

@Ace - His innuendo jokes really are some of his best. I hope you're not planning on trying to make any of the yucky recipes because I will have no part sir. :?
Image Image
Food Network (Round 1): ramen15, skittles18

@Kayori - His reaction to those clam biscuits is the same reaction my cat has to all wet food. He was very offended when we tried to feed him some. :lol:
Image Image
Food Network (Round 1): cakepop07, takoyaki12

@Raie - I agree that he makes old recipes feel fresh and fun!
Image Image
Food Network (Round 1): stringcheese17, cakepop10
Pastelgoth.net
Ace's #1 waifu for laifu
Zerogami's cool mom
Certified old person
Caitlin
Honey Mod

Post by Caitlin »

It was actually really interesting to see when these recipes were first originated! Avocado bread sounds good! It might get me to eat avocados, because I'm not a huge fan.. Same with the avocado ice cream! In my family, we make banana bread, and cherry bread (my favorite). I laughed at the dump cakes one because my grandma still makes dump cakes! She does love to bake, however. Liver cakes?! I was a bit grossed out by that one. Same with the clam biscuits. :X I stopped there, because I had to watch the video without headphones and my family was getting a bit annoyed. :lol: :lol: In general, I found him to be very amusing, I'd watch his videos again! :D
Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie »

@Caitlin - I got the link for a video during a house party and proceeded to binge every single one, I KNOW that some of my friends were annoyed by the end because I was blasting it and cackling. :lol: :lol: And you're right! Avocados are so popular now, it's funny to see it popular in those old cookbooks.
Image Image
Food Network (Round 1): fruitsalad08, soju19
Pastelgoth.net
Ace's #1 waifu for laifu
Zerogami's cool mom
Certified old person
Loki

Post by Loki »

I've never actually heard of this guy, but I also don't do TikTok. It was pretty interesting seeing someone doing these older recipes. While I don't mind compilation videos, I would prefer if they were themed; for instance perhaps one dedicated to Avocado recipes and another relating to meats. I noticed he had two avocado recipes in this one, but they were not next to each other which seemed really odd overall.
Star

Post by Star »

I've been following him on TikTok for ages now. His humor almost never gets old. Plus, there's a few recipes that he's done that I'd like to try... and several that I definitely do not want to try, since they looked awful and he clearly didn't enjoy them.
Jamie
Site Admin

Post by Jamie »

@Loki - Yeah I refuse to download TikTok, I'm wary of the platform, but I will watch videos uploaded to other sources if they are sent to me. I completely understand themes, it'd be nice if they had them by year even. I've checked BDylanHollis' main channel and he has a few individual clips uploaded, but they are of course very short. Most of the compilations I've seen online are fan made.
Image Image
Food Network (Round 1): brownie16, pinklemonade08

@Star - I agree on his humor. His shouting sometimes was grating to my ears but for the most part his fast quips were amusing. Definitely want to try some of the recipes that he ended up liking! Seeing him pleasantly surprised was more fun than him hating a dish.
Image Image
Food Network (Round 1): hawaiianpizza20, water01
Pastelgoth.net
Ace's #1 waifu for laifu
Zerogami's cool mom
Certified old person